Will this get me fired?
- Thou shalt not be alarmed by overly-enthusiastic PR people who give you multiple hugs and demand to know your life story within five minutes of meeting them. They probably don’t really care that your uncle is an avid spelunker and you have dreams of forming a girl band.
- Honor thy Google Calendar.
- Thou shalt not respond to an email whose sole content reads “Hey babe! Working on anything special? xxxx” with “Yes, meta data”. This is bitchy and will get thou blacklisted.
- Thou shalt not post messages in the ‘general’ Slack channel unless there’s free food, someone had a baby, or the building is burning.
- No media event is to go un-Instagrammed.
- No office party with photogenic cake is to go un-Instagrammed.
- Thou shalt not question the woman who turns up to an event or meeting in a papaya orange furry bomber jacket over a teal jumpsuit, for that is fashion, you ignorant wench.
- Thou shalt not complain about being jet lagged after returning from a weeklong press trip in the south of France.
- Thou shalt not be offended that all of your non-media friends have no idea exactly what it is your job consists of.
- Thou shalt use spell check. For the love of God and Tina Brown.