CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL LACE COOKIES
recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour
You Will Need
- 1 cup salted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats (any kind works!)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Cream the sugars with the butter until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Stir into the butter mixture, being sure not to overbeat.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Chill batter for at least an hour.
- In the meantime, preheat your oven to 325F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- When the batter is ready, scoop into 2″ balls on the cookie sheet. These spread like crazy, so be careful not to put them too close to each other!
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. These cookies are on the thin side, so don’t freak out if they come out looking skinnier than most cookies! Let cool completely on a rack.