In my mind, one of the markers of really having it together is knowing how to make a good cocktail.
Think of it this way: could you see Meryl Streep tossing back whatever $11 whisky was cheapest with Pepsi instead of Coke because there was a $1 price difference? I didn’t think so.
I feel like being able to make a decent drink is up there with creating a LinkedIn account and learning to walk in heels as far as milestones go.
So, inspired by my age, the season, and the almost-empty bottle of tequila that mysteriously appeared in my room three months ago and has been waiting to be reclaimed by its rightful owner ever since (sorry if you’re reading this, your unwitting contribution to this blog is much appreciated), I set out to create a simple and easy beverage that would actually taste good.
And ooooh baby, did I succeed.
There are a couple things that make this boozy strawberry lemonade slushie such a miracle.
One: you really cannot taste the tequila.
Two: there’s REAL FRUIT in this!! so essentially, consider it part of your juice cleanse.
Of course, you can adjust the alcohol content to suit your personal taste/level of stress/amount of people who burst your personal space bubble that day on the metro. As for me, I’m coming off a week of finals and graduate in two weeks. So, yeah.
BOOZY STRAWBERRY LEMONADE SLUSHIE
(makes one) (drinking alone isn’t sad) (is it?) (oh god)
You Will Need
- a handful of frozen strawberries
- 14 oz. pink lemonade (or regular lemonade if you can’t find pink/can’t be bothered with frivolities)
- 2-3 shots of your favourite tequila
- tacos. optional, but I find they only ameliorate the experience
- Pour the lemonade into ice cube trays and freeze until solid.
- Toss all ingredients in the blender and blend baby blend until smooth.